Thoughts from the honey coloured, sheep strewn, sleepy hills of chocolate box England
Thursday, 12 April 2012
A close encounter with a Buzzard.
Out in the hills yesterday and I was amazed by the amount of road kill on the tarmac. A Buzzard! How did he go down? And what a mess! Then a pheasant, followed by a squirrel. Poor fellow buzzard was clearly being attended to by some carrion predator, so I stopped just around the corner to view the return of the lazy feeders. After thirty seconds I couldn't be bothered so rode on, musing on a galleried photographic exhibition of Road Kill Portraits. Why? Because all the heads of the poor victims were completely intact and really quite beautiful - as if they were sleeping. And how often do you get to see a Buzzard close up? Watch this space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment