Well, it's been a cold weekend, the temperatures struggling to reach 3 degrees celsius. A crisp white frost covered the morning fields and my car kept telling me, "Beware, slippery roads" - it's fairly new and I didn't know it could do that!
However, that meant that after school on Saturday the turbo seemed the best bet for a ride. Here's my set up - foreign (in this case French) movie subtitled on the TV, a fan (on setting one - no need to freeze inside!), and the headphones linked up to workout tracks on my computer. A steady ten miles covered in 34 mins 38 and then carrying on to finish the hour at 17 miles. A few single leg revolutions along the way, out of the saddle for a couple of sprints and then quickly into the shower before watching England beat the All Blacks! A mighty performance (by England, not me)
It was dismayed earlier in the week to read that more cyclists have been killed on British roads this year than in the previous high of 2007. So it's always quality to find a front page cycling headline - and particularly one offering tons of cash to improve cycling infrastructure. We shall see, but £1bn is a sizable leap. We need some of it in the provinces!
I posted this picture on my twitter (also Cotswoldcyclist) to get the response "I didn't know you had a thing about Mariella!"
Jo and I then pored over the article to check out the new rules. I was particularly thrilled to read, 'clubbing is most definitely forbidden' and 'Dad dancing' is frowned upon also, even at weddings!
Finally, unto town, there to spot the fact that cycling is now so much in vogue, that enlightened companies are even using it as an aspirational advertising lever. Oasis, truly on the trend. No helmets on those cyclists though - or hair!


No comments:
Post a Comment