First off, the Sunday Times Business supplement. A section of the paper I rarely read, it proved to be the perfect solution when it came to drying out my drenched cycling shoes yesterday after an hours ride in the biggest downpour this side of Easter.
Next would be Cadbury's Bourneville Chocolate, four cubes of which prove to be just the fix one needs after lunchtime scrambled eggs. Not crunched between the teeth though, but rolled around and slowly melted between sips of post prandial tea - bliss. This is the only chocolate that I am allowing myself between now and Thursday 18th of July - that being Alpe D'Huez Day on the Tour de France.
The year before last I rode up the Alpe wearing my Frank Schleck Leopard Trek shirt - obviously not an option this year, him being nabbed for drugs and all. Also, according to Velominati.com,
Rule #17
states that, 'Team kit
is for members of the team'. I'm a hypocrite here, as I stated the same with respect to football and rugby kit in an earlier post Postmen on Pashleys. What was I thinking?
This year I have my eye on a jersey from Shuttvr.com. Slightly slimmer in the fit, so action is being taken, lunchtime Bourneville consumption a small part of a bigger picture.
Which brings me to Velominati.com itself - the website where you can find all the rules of cycling. They state,
'We are the Keepers of the Cog. In so being, we also maintain the
sacred text wherein lie the simple truths of cycling etiquette known as The
Rules. It is in our trust to maintain and endorse this list.
I found this site quite by chance. Lovely wife Jo has ordered me to buy a cycling cap with a peak, to wear under my helmet. This to protect my nose, already a little damaged by the sun. Duly obliging, I type Cycle caps into google and find an entire article on 'How to wear a cycle cap' on Velominati.com. A hugely entertaining and informative site. I shall be following Rule #22
to the letter - Cycling
caps are for cycling.

No comments:
Post a Comment