Friday, 30 November 2012

Memories of the Tour (1)

                                          Alberto temporarily wins the Tour de France 2010
 
Whilst the intention is for Cotswoldcyclist to be  a repository of thoughts and happening ... I also want to place cherished memories here too....
 
...... one of which is the final day of the 2010 Tour de France on the Champs Elysees. In life it is so often a case of who you know ... and I knew someone who very kindly invited me to spend the final day in Paris, courtesy of one of the Tour Procycling teams. So as close to the finish as you can get.
 
So I saw Mark Cavendish take his fifth win of the Tour....
 
 
.... Bradley Wiggins round off his disappointing first French outing with Sky.....
 
.....and Lance Armstrong wind up his Tour de France career .... before it was comprehensively wound up a few short years later .......
All this after being wined and dined in one of the finest hotels in Paris!
Earlier in the summer we'd watched the Tour pass through the Alps ... more photographic memories to follow ......
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment