Thursday, 22 November 2012

Enforced downtime!

Well .... it's not been the most classic cycling period of my life of late. Here's a bullet point summary.
  • A viral infection of the most sinister and secretive kind. I've had antibiotics chasing it around all over the place - it eluded two doses. As a consequence cycling was a minimalist activity over the summer, much missed.
  • That said - it did give me plenty of time to enjoy a fabulous summer of sport, starting with Bradley at the Tour and continuing with the Olympics.
  • Autumn has now arrived and I'm tentatively back on the turbo, seeing how it goes and biding my time before heading out on the road again.
  • I've fallen madly in love with Echinacea and sleep!
  • My brother in law has kicked my butt in the annual mileage competition by a country mile!
Of course a lot more has happened in the meantime and I have enjoyed my cycling vicariously through magazines, books, the TV and Twitter. However, it's now time to pick up where I left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment