Wednesday, 20 March 2013

A few thoughts on the week

There was a couple cycling into town today, highly visible in their fluorescent yellow jackets. 'Very sensible,' thought I. And then I noticed that the fellow was also sporting a fluorescent showercap affair over his helmet too. Looking like a matchstick, but with a shiny yellow striking end.

No. That's all there is to say about that. Just no.

Other news ......

Bradley Wiggins, Chris Froome and Ian Stannard have been ripping up the roads lately on behalf of us Brits. Good on yer lads - but have I tuned in to watch on Eurosport?  No. Exams, reports, boarding strategies, life in general all got in the way. So again .. just no.

And have I enjoyed significant weight loss this week? Again .. no.

But I have enjoyed reading Donna Leon's Inspector Brunetti novels in those early morning and late evening slots. And I did manage to watch two episodes of 'Borgen' - the excellent Danish drama about the inner workings of Parliament. No real action, loads of political dialogue and lots of sitting around cabinet tables drinking coffee. Great artwork on the walls though - just don't try to do anything else whilst watching - subtitles!

And I did manage a thirteen mile ride on Tuesday morning - during which I mused on life in general - and pondered which coffee shop to drop into on the way home. A slow ride, a fatburning ride - a pre breakfast ride - designed to get the metabolism going before you tuck into granola and yoghurt. We'll see how that goes then.





No comments:

Post a Comment